Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Accountability, documenting, and lots of FUN!!!

I've been trying to include in my personal family blog all the stuff we are doing in our homeschooling, but it just isn't working.  So I've decided to start a blog to document our amazing adventure of homeschooling our six amazing children.  

Once HUGE reason for starting this blog is to have a place to write down my goals for my own education as well as my children's education.  I want to have an easy place to write them down, look at them, and report my progress.  (The many pieces of paper I like to use to make my list and take my notes on keeps getting lost!) I want a place I can talk about my failures and celebrate my successes.   Also, writing them down will increase my chances of accomplishing my goals and make me more accountable!

Another reason is so that I can simply document the joy of the process we are taking in our homeschooling.  I want to have a log where all the great things we do as a family while we are homeschooling is recorded.  I want to be able to easily track our progress so when I am stressed and feeling like we haven't learned anything I can look back on our blog and see what we've learned and what we've done.  I think I need that constant confirmation that yes I am making progress.

The final reason I am starting this blog is to have fun and try to relax a little!  When I write things down and make lists and cross things off my list and talk about what a wonderful family I have it brings me joy and is a heck of a lot of FUN!  

So now the journey begins.  This will be the first 'official' school year of homeschooling, and after prompting after prompting I am at peace knowing that if I trust the process the sacrifice of homeschooling will bring me more blessings and joy than I can ever imagine.  

No comments: